We installed 36 solar panels across 3 roof areas in March 2022. The electricity generated heats the hot water in the building, and will power the ASHP heating system. To date we have produced 8.65 MWh (Mega Watt hours) of electricity, saving 2,211 C02 emissions, which is the equivalent of planting 101 trees.
We improved insulation of the hall building fabric:
- doubled the amount of loft insulation in 2 roof spaces
- replaced a rear door to stop draughts,
- installed double glazed window units in the below-stage area,
- replaced other double glazed units in the main hall which were under-performing
- installed thermal and fire-proof blinds on all external windows throughout the building
We installed an Air Source Heat Pump central heating system to replace the old and inefficient oil-fired system, including upgrading convector radiators where necessary.
This work was enabled through grants from Low Carbon Dorset and The National Lottery Community Fund, as well as from the Comrades Hall's own funds.
Come as you please and also enjoy the Big Green Day at the hall