Oak House Beaminster
Oak House, Unnamed track
View on map
Sun 2 Oct 10:00; 11:30; 14:00
Please book on Eventbrite - follow this link https://tinyurl.com/bddk837v and click 'Register'. Booking is free.
From Fleet Street turn right before the school towards Trefoil House (a converted church) and turn left before the cemetery along a narrow track. follow this 100 yards.
Sorry no children under eight. Parking on site.
Book ahead Please note: building site regulations apply. Please be on time for the tour.
Oak House is an oak-framed property with ancillary outbuilding in 2+ acres
Architect: Theogreen Design Ltd
- 'Home for life' accessible layout
- Low maintenance external envelope (Sherborne stone with larch cladding)
- Construction ongoing (building site regulations apply, completion 4Q22)
- 3.6kW PV 'in roof' panels, southerly aspect
- 'Solar iboost' heats domestic hot water
- Battery storage
- EV charging facility
- Southerly aspect maximises natural light o LED low energy lighting
- 14kW Air Source Heat Pump
- Underfloor heating
- Domestic hot water
- Towel radiators (kitchen & ensuites)
- Airtight construction
- PIV units optimise internal ventilation
- Highly insulated with double glazing throughout
- 5000L rainwater harvesting tank (garden irrigation)
- All excavated material used for landscaping
- Wild-life friendly planting